I’m rounding out Unofficial Wardrobe Week (which seems more like Official Wardrobe Week now that I look at it, but never mind) with a new podcast episode featuring Courtney Carver of Be More With Less and Project 333.
Courtney was one of the first female voices I discovered in minimalism, and along with Leo Babauta and Joshua Becker was ever-present in those first months of reading and exploring what it meant to live a simple, more purposeful life. As a woman writing in what is often a heavily male-centric field, her words have always been really encouraging to me and I was so excited to sit down and chat with her.
Aside from her work as a simplicity writer, Courtney is also a photographer, wife, mother and traveller. She also happens to live with a diagnosis of MS, which is something we talk about in today’s episode.
As the founder of minimalist wardrobe challenge Project 333, Courtney has helped thousands of people experience the massive benefits of living with less stuff. Fewer clothes means less stress, less waste, less clutter, less time standing in front of an overstuffed wardrobe while declaring we have nothing to wear. In essence, it’s just another example of how we stand to benefit from simplifying and slowing right down, even when it feels counter-cultural to do so.
And while we talk about things other than clothes, our conversation did inspire me to write about my own minimalist wardrobe earlier in the week and judging by the level of interest in those two posts, there are a lot of you who will really enjoy Courtney’s insight into why she dresses with less.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did and, as always, feel free to leave questions or suggestions in the comments below.
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
What You’ll Hear About in Today’s Episode:
- How a diagnosis of MS changed Courtney’s life completely
- What life was like before she adopted minimalism
- How her family have reacted to the massive changes she’s made over the past few years
- The first steps Courtney took in simplifying
- How you can start creating a minimalist wardrobe for yourself
- Plus, the weird place I keep my jeans.
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Be More With Less
- Project 333
- Courtney’s books (she’s written four!) and mini-courses
- Courtney on Twitter: @bemorewithless
- Project 333 on Facebook
- A peek inside my minimalist wardrobe
- I answer 7 of the most common questions about creating a small wardrobe