Before I get in to today’s episode of The Slow Home Podcast, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who answered Monday’s brief survey about Slow Living Workshops.
At this stage Portland is the clear front-runner for a September event, but I’m also making a list of cities I’d like to hold events in next year. (Chicago and London both representing, big time!)
If you want to cast a vote for your preferred city, head over here and let me know. I can’t wait to share more with you soon!
On to the podcast!
Today’s episode of The Slow Home Podcast features a delightful guest. Nina Nelson is the natural living expert behind Shalom Mama, and is also a mum, writer and entrepreneur who chose to live with her family (of six!) in a converted school bus.
We chat about a whole lot of things, including the pressure people feel when trying to embrace simple living, the process she went through to cull her family’s belongings before moving into the bus, and the reasons they eventually returned to a “regular” home (for the time being at least).
I also reveal what type of unconventional home I’d love to live in, and our kids make their first, unexpected podcast appearance.
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible.com where you can access over 180,000 audiobooks, including Thrive, by Arianna Huffington. Click here to get a free 30-day trial of Audible and claim one free audiobook of your choice.
Enjoy the show!
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
What You’ll Hear About in Today’s Episode:
- What constitutes a healthy home.
- What Nina thinks about the idea that simple living creates pressure that goes against the ethos of living a slower life.
- Why Nina and her family of six decided to move into a converted school bus.
- And why they decided to move out.
- How 6 people managed their stuff in such a small space.
The best part of living in a “normal” sized home again, and what she misses about the bus.
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Shalom Mama
- Take a look inside the incredible bus Nina and her family lived in.
- Shalom Mama on Facebook
- Nina on Twitter: @shalommama
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: