I’m always fascinated to see the unintentional themes that pop up in my podcast interviews, and one of the most frequent has been the idea of community and how it plays a huge part in living a slower, more intentional life.
Today’s guest is Kristen Ottaway, a health and well being advocate based in Brisbane, who has created a community of like-minded people through her business, Inspired Living Events, where she runs documentary screenings to help inspire people to change the way they live.
Honestly, aside from the fabulous conversation, this episode is worth a listen just for the film recommendations!
When I initially contacted Kristen to appear on the show, she questioned whether her life was actually slow or simple enough to qualify, but as you’ll hear, she’s made huge changes over the past few years and is now living a significantly slower, simpler life than she even had recognised.
We chat about how that happened – how she got out of debt, downsized, started a business and created a community of like-minded people who have been instrumental in her making and maintaining big changes in her life.
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
You’ll Hear About:
- The book that changed Kristen’s life
- What slow living is and why Kristen thought her life didn’t qualify
- How she and her family got out of debt and completely turned life around
- The huge role that community has in helping Kristen not to feel alone in her choices and ideas
- Kristen’s most excellent film and book recommendations.
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- No Impact Man – the book that started it all
- Film Recommendations:
- Online: Inspired Living Events
- Social: @ILE_Brisbane
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: