Before I get in to today’s most excellent episode of The Slow Home Podcast, I just wanted to take a minute to say a huge thank you for your support, kind words, emails, messages and comments over the past couple of days. I’ve been completely floored by your response to my stepping back from the blog and feel super lucky to have such an incredible community here.If you’ve sent me an email, please know that I will get back to you – it just might take me a little bit to get through them all. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. xx
How does a comic book collector (and I’m talking serious collector with thousands of comics, DVDs and action figures) become a minimalist? And what causes such a big change?
Today I chat with Jeff Sandquist, who used to be a legitimate collector before adopting minimalism. He had thousands of books, which he’d been collecting and keeping in mint condition since his teens, until he decided to simply stop and let go of it all.
In this episode Jeff and I talk about what actually caused such a huge one-eighty and how hard it was to turn his back on a passion that had been part of his life for over a decade.
We also nerd out a tiny little bit on comics (particularly The Walking Dead) but even that conversation has some insights into slow living which were kind of unexpected.
Enjoy listening to Jeff’s story (and a little bit of nerdery thrown in to the mix).
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
You’ll Hear About:
- The huge number of comic books, DVDs and action figures Jeff had collected over the years
- Why Jeff happily valued collecting physical possessions instead of life experiences
- His complete one-eighty and what caused it
- The collector’s gene and what it means for those of us wanting to live a simpler life
- The unexpected slow living lesson to be learnt in reading comic books.
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- He Who Dies with the Most Toys Still Dies
- Episode 4 of The Intentional Wandering Podcast (featuring me!)
- Podcast: The Intentional Wandering Podcast
- Online: Intentionally Wandering
- Social: @Jeff_Wandering | Facebook | IG
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: