A QUICK NOTE: Bele and I are super excited to be hosting our first Slow Living Workshop on July 26th 2015. For further details and tickets, head over to Eventbrite.
After last week’s big launch for The Slow Home Podcast, I’m back with another interview and couldn’t be happier to bring this one to your ears.
In this episode, I chat with Cybele Masterman of Blah Blah Magazine. Cybele is passionate about sustainable, simple living and creating a more mindful life for her young family. She is also killer with the DIY home and body care, and shares a recipe for a homemade, all-natural coffee body scrub that really freaked Ben out.
During our chat (and this is very much a conversation between two friends) we talk about the joys of slowing down and paying attention to our surroundings, the difference between mindless consumption and mindfully choosing what to bring in to our lives, and why I personally don’t think comic books are clutter.
I hope you enjoy listening in to our conversation, and, as always, let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
*Audio Note: I’ve been having some ongoing issues with recording interviews, which is making guest audio a little fuzzy in places. Please know that I’m working to rectify this and I’ve done all I can to minimise the fuzz in today’s interview.*
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
What You’ll Hear About in Today’s Episode:
- The benefits of slowing down, getting outside and paying attention to our environment
- Why watching or reading a screen before bed impacts our sleep
- How Cybele’s grandfather’s second-hand undies helped influence her choice to create a simpler life
- The myth of convenience
- The idea of contentment versus happiness
- Why I don’t think comic books are clutter
- How simplifying has made it easier to keep our homes tidy(ish) and us more likely to entertain on a whim.