Best laid plans, eh?
As some of you might be aware, I’ve been having ongoing issues with my internet connection at home over the past month. Partly a blessing in disguise and partly a huge point of frustration, it means I’m way behind on my interviews and today’s very special guest is stepping in at the (super) last minute.
Who is this very special guest, you may ask? Well, it’s, my lovely husband Ben. Usually when it’s just the two of us hosting an episode we’re answering listener questions, but today I interview him about our journey from stressed-out to slow living.
We also look at the major benefits from his perspective, and how his idea of success and a life well-lived have changed.
As the one who was the driving force behind slowing down, it was interesting for me to hear Ben’s perspective. And undoubtedly, the pressures he feels are different to the ones I’ve felt, so I was curious to hear him talk about the things he fears, as opposed to those that I worry about.
We also give each other a fair amount of crap, so don’t go thinking our relationship is all deep conversations and time spent delving into each other’s innermost thoughts. Lots of fart jokes in this house.
Enjoy today’s episode, and rest assured that next week we’ll be back to guests outside the family and (fingers crossed) I will no longer sound like Tom Waits.
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible.com where you can access over 180,000 audiobooks, including Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. Click here to get a free, no strings attached, 30-day trial of Audible and claim one free audiobook of your choice.
Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Episode 14 of The Slow Home Podcast, with Dr. Sarah McKay
- Episode 12 of The Slow Home Podcast, with Donnie Maclurcan
- Leave a comment and let us know who you want to see as a guest on the show, and I’ll see what I can do to make it happen!
- Today’s Sponsor: Audible.com – Click here for a free 30-day trial and free audiobook.
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: