The first non-McAlary podcast guest of 2016 is the delightful Stacey Roberts of Veggie Mama fame, and honestly, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend an hour on a rainy Friday morning than chatting with this lovely, open, honest woman.
Stacey and I talk about how negative relationships drove her to learn about mindfulness and what she’s discovered from a decades-long meditation practice. We also talk about the negative thought patterns both of us have had to break free of and how living a simpler, more intentional life has helped.
One thing I’m asked a lot is whether trying to do all the simple living things actually makes a simple life more complicated, and Stacey has some insight into that and why it’s far more important to do what you enjoy rather than what simple living “should” look like. We also talk about the importance of saying no, having fun and what she means by ‘pretty minimalism’.
Don’t forget that next week we start publishing two shows a week (I know! Exciting!) and next Monday we kick off our first month-long experiment by giving up sugar. If you want to play along with us, head over to Instagram and tag your posts with #slowhomeexperiment.
Until then though, enjoy my chat with Stacey!
——Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode. Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Veggie Mama – Stacey’s blog
- Southern fried tofu recipe – Veggie Mama
- Vegetarian ‘fish’ cakes – Veggie Mama
- Pretty minimalism and dealing with the clutter trap – Veggie Mama
- Ekhart Tolle
- Social: Facebook | @Veggie_Mama | IG: @veggie_mama
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Instagram
- #slowhomeexperiment if you decide to play along with our monthly experiments starting Feb 1.
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: