After an impromptu mid-December break where Ben and I tilted heavily in to getting our house ready for sale ahead of next year’s big trip (thank you for allowing us to walk the slow living walk) we are back with some fun new poggies for the rest of the year.
We’ve just wrapped up our first ever Live Life Simply Online Retreat, which was wonderful, and Ben and I both realised how much we enjoyed doing Facebook Live videos as part of it. We thought it might be fun to record one of our hostful episodes live on Facebook and give y’all the opportunity to actually see our awkward nervous-laughing ways* rather than just listen to them.
So that’s exactly what we did (and if it turns out you enjoy this show we’d definitely consider doing some more live hostful recordings in 2018).
We start the episode with a brief catch-up on where things are at with the house sale and getting ready for the end of the year, as well as sharing a big announcement about the future of the podcast and what it’s going to look like in 2018. Then we dive head-long in to some excellent listener questions, including:
- When it comes to “going fast in order to go slow” do you have a ratio of fast to slow that works for you?
- How can I find pockets of slow while hosting family over the holidays?
- Have you made any plans to keep your waste low when you travel next year?
- How can I find out where you will be speaking when you come to the US?
- Any big names that your interviewing next year?
- How do you juggle the demands of work and kids? I always feel like I’ve got a million balls in the air. I’m at work thinking about home stuff and at home thinking about work stuff…
- Do you have any specific fears about the trip next year? And if so, how are you working around them?
As always, these questions were fantastic and I hope we went some way towards answering them well for you. Our hostful episodes never fail to get me thinking about things in a deeper way, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to answer your questions. I particularly liked doing them live as some of our answers came more quickly than they would have if we had time to consider them, but I think that means we’re even more open than normal.
Either way, please let us know what you thought of the live format!
*OK. I’m the only awkward nervous laugher of the two of us. It’s true. There’s even a bad iTunes review to prove it.
Support the Show:You may have heard that we recently hit 3 million (!!) downloads of The Slow Home Podcast! Not only does that fact blow my mind, it’s also thanks to your lovely self and the community of people who listen to the show every week, send in your questions and offer your feedback. I’m so grateful you’re here and part of this, and for anyone who has supported the show in any way over the past year – thank you so much. If you do love the show and would like to show your support by becoming a patron, head over here to make a small monthly donation (as little as $1 a month) and know that any amount makes a huge difference to us being able to cover costs. Most importantly, thanks for being here!
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: