This is one of mine and Sparky’s all-time favourite easy vege meals. We would eat this at least once a fortnight because it’s simple, quick, tasty and relatively cheap.
3-5 anchovies (optional, but highly recommended. you don’t have chunks of anchovy floating around, it just gives a beautiful saltiness to the sauce)
1-2 red chillis or chilli flakes (optional)
3-4 good sized zucchinis, grated
pasta (fusilli is good for this but any short pasta is a-ok)
salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, chilli and anchovies. Break the anchovies up with a wooden spoon.
2. Once the anchovies have broken down (a minute or two) add a couple of tablespoons of capers and a couple of good handfuls of olives. Cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add some extra olive oil, salt and pepper. Add your grated zucchini to the hot pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Drain your pasta and toss into the zucchini sauce. Stir to coat.
5. Serve with some extra olive oil, salt, pepper and a good bit of parmesan.
Seriously, so so good.