——Today we’re highlighting one of the most-loved (and most nerve-wracking to release) episodes of last year – my interview with Ben. After some 200-odd episodes of the poggie, where I’ve shared so much of my own journey, so many of my own struggles and discoveries and lessons, we were well overdue for an episode where the focus was solely on Ben. Over the years I’ve been asked many times about what this whole slow living thing has been like for him. What it’s like for someone who works in the corporate sector, for someone who worked long hours, someone who didn’t have the privilege of taking a few years to find out what was important and then gradually put it at the centre of his life. For someone who is married to me. So in this conversation, I asked him all those questions. And honestly, it got a little raw. If you haven’t heard this episode yet I’m not going to tell you anything more about it, because it really is worth a listen. But I do want you to know that this was a really enjoyable, uncomfortable yet comforting, healing, illuminating conversation for both Ben and I, and I’m genuinely thrilled to be able to share it with you again. So many people connected with this episode, which is why I decided to include it in the Summer Series. If it resonates, I’d love for this to start a new conversation about slow with your loved ones. It’s the perfect time of year to check in and examine your priorities for 2019, so I hope this helps!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Ben’s Instagram
- Destination Simple
- Headspace app
- Zen Habits
- The Minimalists
- 365 Days of Slow – our new year-long, five-minutes-a-day slow living experiment
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: