Season 6 of the podcast is like no other that we’ve recorded, as we’re producing it in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent isolation.
It’s undoubtedly a strange and challenging time for everyone and because of that we’ve decided to bring Season 6 forward and instead of releasing new episodes every Thursday, we’re going to release them as and when we can. There’s no point in sitting on a conversation with an expert that could offer you help and advice now, simply to stick to a schedule.
So some weeks you might get two new episodes, other weeks we might not be able to record one, but given it’s a weird time for us all and learning to go with the flow of is one of the central lessons I’m learning through it all, we’re hopeful you’ll come along with us as we settle in to this period of isolation, on our way to a ‘new normal’.
There are so many ways slow living can help as we all adjust to the weirdness of isolation, but even more importantly as we start to think about what we’d like that new normal to look like when we emerge on the other side of it.
So that’s what Season 6 is going to focus on, and it will be full of practical advice, realistic suggestions and hopefully helpful strategies to navigate the world during a pandemic.
At this stage we’re planning to include conversations about:
- how to create a new rhythm while working from home (possibly for the first time)
- navigating the overwhelming world of remote schooling and learning how to best advocate for your kids
- how to (realistically!) create space for meditation and why it’s so important to take a daily moment of mindfulness
- goal setting when there is no certainty
- what actions to take now that will help us define what kind of future we want to create on the other side of this crisis
- living alone during social isolation and what you can do to alleviate loneliness
- why creativity is so important during lockdown
As always, we’ll be filling this season with a lot of real talk and deep conversations on what it truly means to live slow – the only difference being that it will be done through the lens of Covid-19.