It’s Hostful time! And, like every single month, in today’s episode we do our best to answer some incredible listener questions. But before I get in to it, I just want to let you know how much we enjoy these episodes. Not only do Ben and I get to have conversations about really interesting and important ideas (with quite a few stupid jokes thrown in for good measure) but we also discover things about slow living along the way.
So while I know people ask us questions because they think we may have something helpful to offer, we learn just as much from your questions as you do from our answers. And for that, I am so, so grateful.
If you’ve got your own burning questions or even a mild curiosity about an element of slow living, please feel free to leave a comment on today’s post and we’ll add it to the list of cracking questions we’ve got lined up for the next couple of months.
In the meantime though, today’s episode takes us through five varied topics, as we answer the following questions:
- What impact did slow living have on your finances?
- How do you judge if something is necessary and “valuable” enough to warrant purchase?
- As your items start to get a bit tatty, when do you replace them? Or do you keep repairing or mending instead?
- How does one re-learn oneself?
- Other than decluttering, what aspect of slow living do you feel has made the most difference in your family’s life?
Some of these topics I feel relatively confident tackling, while there are others that I feel very much like a novice myself, so while we talk through our own experiences, I’ve also included links below that will point you in the direction of people who are much more knowledgeable than us.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a question for today’s poggie, and for anyone whose question we haven’t yet answered, please know we’re trying our best to get through them all.
Enjoy the poggie!
Check out after listening:
- Cait’s Mindful Budgeting Planner
- Budgets and Cents – Cait’s podcast with Carrie Smith
- Simple money and mindful budgeting – Episode 22 of The Slow Home Podcast
- Project 333
- Be More With Less
- Tiny wardrobes with Courtney Carver – Episode 10 of The Slow Home Podcast
- How to get back on the slow living bandwagon – Episode 126 of The Slow Home Podcast
- The Nerdist podcast – Stephen Tobolowsky’s interview is one of my favourite ever episodes
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: