Sometimes I worry about the things we share with you on this poggie. Sometimes I worry they’re too serious. Sometimes I worry they’re too silly. Too raw. Too protective. Too honest. Too polished.
I think we do a pretty decent job of balancing what we share and what we don’t but there are times I don’t know if I do a good job of portraying us. The real people behind the microphones and the real life we’re creating every day.
So when we had a last minute interview cancellation earlier this week Ben and I thought it might be a good opportunity to do another hostful episode, but this time spend it digging a little deeper in to the parts of us we don’t often share on the show. Parts that might surprise you (or not) and parts that we might be a little hesitant to share.
We talk about secret habits and vain concerns. We dive in to little-shared talents and personality traits. We disclose some rather embarrassing admissions about farm-based gaming apps and we also share our thoughts and reasons for using social media the way we do (and the way we don’t).
I truly believe that sharing openly (but intentionally) brings down barriers between us as humans and hopefully today’s episode also helps to round out your idea of who we are and the kind of life we’re living. Because it’s not all #slowliving and making each and every decision in alignment with our why. It’s real and evolving and consists of compromises more often than not. And it’s great.
What’s interesting, as I write this post, is that I’m far less worried about sharing any of this than I was a year ago, which probably means I’ve become much more comfortable with who we are and what we stand for, and the fact that not everyone will get it or like it. And that’s A-OK too.
So take a listen as Ben and I reveal 10 things you may not know about us, including…
- Am I earnest or silly or a combination of both?
- What’s Ben’s dirty little secret?
- Which of us was addicted to My Little Pony – Friendship is Magic?
- Just how successful is Jackrabbit.FM?
- Which one of us has recorded an album?
Listen in and all will be revealed…
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: