When people asked Rachel Macy Stafford just how she managed to fit so much into her life, she took it as a compliment. But as her world began crashing down around her, she realised just how much ‘having it all’ was actually costing her.
In today’s episode I ask Rachel about the moment she realised things needed to change and how giving just 10 minutes of undistracted time to her family was enough to turn things around.
We also talk about people pleasing and the modern day myth that busyness equals success.
This show is full of big moments of realness – just like Rachel’s writing – and there’s a lot in this conversation that I’ve been revisiting over the past couple of weeks.
I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible.com where you can access over 180,000 audiobooks, including Rachel Macy Stafford’s new book Hands-Free Life. Click here to get a free, no strings attached, 30-day trial of Audible and claim one free audiobook of your choice.
Alternatively, listen to the show directly simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Hands Free Mama – Rachel’s gorgeous blog
- Rachel’s books:
- A Simple Year 2016 – click here for Early Bird Registration
- Social: Facebook | @HandsFreeMama
- Today’s Sponsor: Audible.com – Click here for a free 30-day trial and free audiobook.
Support the Show:If you love the show and would like to show your support by becoming a patron, head over here to make a small monthly donation (as little as $1 a month) and know that any amount makes a huge difference to us being able to cover costs. If you love the show and want to support it by continuing to subscribe, listen, share with friends/family or leave a review on iTunes, that’s awesome too!
Most important of all, thanks for being here!
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: