When people asked Rachel Macy Stafford just how she managed to fit so much into her life, she took it as a compliment. But as her world began crashing down around her, she realised just how much ‘having it all’ was actually costing her.
In today’s episode I ask Rachel about the moment she realised things needed to change and how giving just 10 minutes of undistracted time to her family was enough to turn things around.
We also talk about people pleasing and the modern day myth that busyness equals success.
This show is full of big moments of realness – just like Rachel’s writing – and there’s a lot in this conversation that I’ve been revisiting over the past couple of weeks.
I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Alternatively, listen to the show directly simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Hands Free Mama – Rachel’s gorgeous blog
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: