Welcome to 2016!
Hopefully you had a restful break over Christmas and New Year, and are ready to get back into the swing of things?
This time of year is always ripe with possibility and most of us will be doing some deep thinking on what we want 2016 to bring – both in terms of our priorities and any changes we want to make to our day-to-day lives. But maybe you’re struggling to get back into your rhythm, or perhaps your circumstances are different this year and you don’t know how to create a flow that works for you?
In today’s show Ben and I talk about rhythms and why this time of year is the perfect opportunity to hit the reset button, rethink our priorities and recalibrate our time.
For us, it’s super important to reset this year, as over the holidays we made some huge life decisions that are going to see pretty much everything change. We talk about what those decisions are and how we’re both feeling in the face of such massive shifts, as well as what some of the challenges might be.
We also acknowledge the fact that all these changes might not seem very ‘slow’ of us, and how we make it work within the framework of living a slower, more intentional life. This is actually something I’m asked about a lot and I’m slowly learning that my personality isn’t particularly inclined to slow living, but it certainly benefits from it. It might seem like a paradox but increasingly I’m finding that it works for me!
In other exciting news, on February 1st we start publishing two episodes of The Slow Home Podcast every week! One show will be hitting your ears every Monday and the regular show, as normal, on Thursdays. Monday’s shows are going to have a different format and we talk about that, our monthly experiments, what we’re trying first and how you can get involved.
In the meantime though, enjoy today’s episode! And let us know what changes you’re making in 2016 too – we’d love to hear about it.
——Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode. Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Rethink. Reset.
- Best of 2015 on Slow Your Home
- 3 Steps to Rediscover Your Rhythm
- Carl Honore on technology, good slow and getting to know your neighbour – Episode 9
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Instagram!
- #slowhomeexperiment if you decide to play along with our monthly experiments starting Feb 1.
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: