This interview has been a long time coming (thanks, technology!) but I can tell you it was absolutely worth the wait.
In this ridiculously enlightening episode, I chat with Gretchen Rubin, New York Times best-selling author of Better Than Before, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home.
This show starts out as any other – a regular conversation – in this instance, about happiness and habits and the changes Gretchen is most proud of in her own life. But somewhere around the middle it shifts into something different… A personalised habits counselling session, as Gretchen digs into why I’m so inclined to take on too many projects and burn out (in a big way).
We also discuss the Four Tendencies of Habits, and why that means I’m less likely to do a morning yoga class by myself, but far more likely to turn up if Ben joins me.
This is such a fun conversation with plenty of insight into why we do and don’t find making changes easy. And for anyone looking to make a shift towards a slower, simpler life, there are plenty of tips and tricks from Gretchen to help you make those changes as seamlessly as possible.
Also, in light of the #slowhomeexperiment, Gretchen has some killer insight into why some changes stick while others fall by the way, so if you’re giving up sugar along with Ben and I this February, you’ll definitely want to tune in.
——Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode. Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Podcast: Happier, with Gretchen Rubin
- The Four Tendencies Quiz
- No Sugar #1 – The Slow Home Experiment
- Gretchen’s books:
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Instagram
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: