Every episode of The Slow Home Podcast leaves me inspired, but today’s conversation with Anthony Ongaro was just…beyond. In fact, it’s been damn-near life changing.
I sat down to chat with Anthony in the hope of uncovering his personal journey – particularly how an Amazon shopping addiction proved the wake-up call he needed to make a change. And while we dig into his realisation that “Amazon is the one-click solution to mostly made up problems,” we go much deeper into intentional living and what it means to break the twitch.
We also talk about the importance of taking those ridiculously easy first steps and – HERE’S THE KICKER – how that first step can very easily prove to be our downfall. When we convince ourselves that buying the book, taking the course or making the mental shift is enough, we find ourselves rich in self-help books and low in actual self help.
I can’t tell you how much I loved this conversation, and find myself thinking about it a lot. I hope you enjoy it too!
“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” (Annie Dillard)
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Anthony’s new Daily Action course – Get 50% off when you use the code ‘slowyourhome’
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Becoming Minimalist by Joshua Becker
- Hooked by Nir Eyal
- Connect with Anthony: @AnthonyOngaro | Facebook
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Instagram
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: