I’ve always been a keen traveller, but since adopting a slower way of life I’ve found myself wanting to explore even more and get to know places in a deeper, more local kind of way.
So when I put a call out for listener travel-related questions, I was so happy to see that you guys had some great questions for us to dig in to in today’s hostful show. We answer three listener questions about:
- the issue of over-planning
- how to balance getting things done and enjoying the down time
- keeping kids occupied on long-haul trips
Ben and I also talk about our attempts to pack light for this trip, why we don’t get a local SIM card when we travel and the major benefits of setting up a home base and exploring from there, as opposed to being on the move constantly.
Travel is such a passion for us, so this hostful was lots of fun to record, if not a little bittersweet as it was the final day of our Canadian adventure.
Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode.
Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: