My beautiful friend Bele is one of only a handful of repeat guests on the poggie, and this week she’s back for her third chat. In a wide-ranging and super honest conversation, Bele and I talk about making big life changes as we become more attuned to our Why in life, and why she and her family have decided to move from the inner city to an old orchard outside Sydney. It’s really interesting to see that she and I are at a similar cross-roads with deciding where to live and how that aligns with our values, and while they’re at a point of actually doing something about it right now, Ben and I are still working out what that might look like for us. Honestly, I found it really inspiring to listen to the questions and choices that went in to this decision, and can’t wait to see it unfold. We also talk about the decision-making process that goes in to big, life-changing decisions like this and how we both have learnt to accept the discomfort that often goes along with them. Bele is always full of insights, and this episode is no different as she looks at the idea of seeing ‘signs’ in our lives, what it means when we go with our gut and how she and how she’s learnt to deal with criticism as she’s grown older. We also get off-topic and start talking about the movie Everest, Amy Poehler’s amazing book (one of my favourites ever in the whole world), some Star Wars origin stories and why Bele thinks Thoreau was a pretty miserable guy. I love this lady so much and it’s been a pleasure getting to know her over the past couple of years. The choices she and her family are making are endlessly inspiring to Ben and I, and I hope you enjoy this chat just as much as I did.
- Blah Blah Magazine
- Social: @blahblahzine | Facebook
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Walden by Thoreau
- The Hero with A Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
- Bele Masterman Talks Convenience
- Keeping Christmas Simple with Bele Masterman
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: