I usually like to be a few weeks ahead of the posting schedule when it comes to our Thursday shows, but when Ben and I thought, ‘Yeah, let’s do a live Facebook video for this month’s hostful – it’ll be fun!” we weren’t expecting our horrible internet speeds to thwart us yet again.
But thwart us they did, and for that reason we found ourselves recording this month’s Q&A at 5:30 yesterday afternoon. Not particularly slow or intentional of us, I have to admit.
We do, however, answer some excellent listener questions, and cover topics including:
- our thoughts on homework and after school activities
- how we manage to find time for the experiments while also living a slower life
- how we cope on those days that are just tough and nothing is going well at all
- an insight into our daily rituals and routines
- how to merge two households into one when there are vastly different approaches to “stuff”
- why I stopped writing on the blog
Honestly, recording at 5:30PM on a Wednesday isn’t ideal, but in this largely unedited podcast we do give a pretty authentic view of what it looks like to balance work, family, self-employment, passion projects and slow living, and sometimes, it ain’t pretty! For the most part though, I wouldn’t change a thing (except our internet speeds) and I really hope you enjoy these more candid conversations – interruptions and all!
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: