“Right now, we all have the power and knowledge to change the world for the better. What are you waiting for?”Ben
This whole ‘do the podcast in seasons’ caper is still relatively new, but one thing we did know from the beginning was that the final episode of every season would be a hostful – a relaxed episode where Ben and I answer listener questions, chat through what’s happening in our lives right now and occasionally enjoy some light to moderate silliness.
So when we asked for listener questions on Instagram a few weeks ago, we were stoked to see so many come through. Funnily enough though, a large percentage of them asked a version of the same question:
When are you guys coming home? (Or are you ever coming home?)
So rather than delay things any further, we kick today’s episode off with an answer to that very question and an update on life right now. Suffice to say, there’s a lot of really exciting changes afoot.
We then get down to the business of answering your non-travel related questions which are, as always, fantastic. They include:
- What’s the thing you’re most proud of from your slow journey?
- Do you get scared that you might go too far with the changes you’ve made?
- How do you work towards big goals slowly?
- How do you balance long-term goals with living in the present?
- What’s the next thing you’d like to add or remove on your journey to slow?
- Any tips for managing anxiety about the upcoming uni semester?
- Which act of simplifying has had the biggest impact on your mental wellness?
- How do I stop being addicted to my phone?
- Would you like to come over for dinner in Raleigh NC?
- What would life look like now if you’d never discovered slow living?
- How do you stay slow on a busy commute?
- How did you get started writing a book? What was your process, note taking etc?
- Would Ben ever see himself being an employee in the corporate world again?
- What’s your favourite poggie episode?
- What is the soundtrack to your lives right now and who would you choose to star in a movie about your lives?
- If you had the world’s attention for 30 seconds what would you say?
It’s been a phenomenal start to the year and I’m so full of gratitude for all the wonderful guests we’ve had on the show this season, as well as the fantastic feedback we’ve received.
I’m already working on Season 3 of the poggie and am really excited to share those conversations with you when it kicks off on May 2nd.
In the meantime, take it slow, friends. xx
Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Mindful in May: sign up here for the free 5-day meditation course, kicking off 8 April
- Do Not Disturb: How I Ditched My Phone and Unbroke My Brain – New York Times
- A Dark Consensus About Screens and Kids Begins to Emerge in Silicon Valley by Nellie Bowles in New York Times
- Insight Timer meditation app
As always, thank you for listening!