“My definition of balance has failure in it.”Jacki Carr
Welcome to season 2 of the Slow Home Podcast!
This week I sit down with goals coach, co-founder of Rock Your Bliss and incredible public speaker/human, Jacki Carr.
As you might remember, I did some heart/head work with Jacki last year before embarking on the Slow book tour and I loved experiencing the joy with which she helps people uncover their values and place them at the centre of their lives. The work Jacki and I did had an enormous impact on my time on the road, both in terms of how confident I felt living so far out of my comfort zone for months at a time, as well as how I was able to share my story and worldview with hundreds of people.
So, given the fact that we can’t seem to escape the ever-present ‘New Year, New Me’ vibes of this time of year, and that I knew Jacki would have some things to say about goals, resolutions and making shift happen in our lives, I thought there’d be no better way to kick off our new episodes for 2019.
In this conversation Jacki and I focus on:
- resolutions and creating change
- defining and committing to goals
- uncovering our personal values
- what balance actually looks like
- developing a community of like-minded people
- how to use social media as a tool for connection rather than a crutch
Questions featured in this episode:
- How do you help people define their values?
- How do you encourage people to keep re-centering on their values even when life keeps getting in the way?
- Have you intentionally developed a crew of people in your corner to support you in living with your values?
- What are your thoughts on balance?
- Do you look for ease in situations, or always look for expansion?
- When did developing in-person communities become important to you?
- Do you have any tools you use to help social media be a way to connect rather than a crutch?
Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Jacki’s website
- Rock Your Bliss
- Jacki on Instagram
- Jacki on Facebook
- Books referenced in this episode:
- Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies quiz
- Homework: Write your past self a thank you note!
As always, thank you for listening!
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: