——We’re kicking off the Summer Series by heading back to my absolute favourite experiment of 2018, and an episode that came just after it: my chat with Florence Williams, author of The Nature Fix. In this episode Florence shares why time in nature is so important, tips for how to make it happen and some of the mind-blowing benefits she’s found in her research. This conversation only further convinced me of the importance of spending time in nature – let us know if it made you feel the same way! Head over to Instagram and share your thoughts. To read the full blog post and for a full list of all the links and resources mentioned, head over here.
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Florence’s website
- The Nature Fix by Florence Williams
- The Great Outdoors Slow Experiment episodes 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
- Connect with Florence: Twitter | Facebook | IG
- The podcasts Florence created with Outside Magazine
- Elizabeth Nisbet research about underestimating the impact of nearby nature
- The Blue Room study
- Hospital room with a nature view study
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. Our current experiment is all about awe and how slowing down for an awe-inspiring moment every day can affect your life in massive ways. The good news is you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: