WELCOME TO THE SLOW HOME SUMMER SERIES! BEN AND I ARE TAKING A BREAK OVER JANUARY, SO WE’RE WE REVISITING SOME OF THE BEST EPISODES OF THE PAST TWO YEARS.
In this ridiculously enlightening episode, I chat with Gretchen Rubin, New York Times best-selling author of Better Than Before, The Happiness Project and Happier at Home.
This show starts out as any other – a regular conversation – in this instance, about happiness and habits and the changes Gretchen is most proud of in her own life. But somewhere around the middle it shifts into something different… A personalised habits counselling session, as Gretchen digs into why I’m so inclined to take on too many projects and burn out (in a big way).
We also discuss the Four Tendencies of Habits, and why that means I’m less likely to do a morning yoga class by myself, but far more likely to turn up if Ben joins me.
This is such a fun conversation with plenty of insight into why we do and don’t find making changes easy. And for anyone looking to make a shift towards a slower, simpler life, there are plenty of tips and tricks from Gretchen to help you make those changes as seamlessly as possible.
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Podcast: Happier, with Gretchen Rubin
- The Four Tendencies Quiz
- No Sugar #1 – The Slow Home Experiment
- Gretchen’s books:
- #slowhomepod Use this hashtag when you give us a shout on Instagram
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: