It’s hard to believe today’s show is the final episode of The Slow Home Podcast for 2015.
It’s been such a cracking year, and we’re so incredibly grateful for everyone who’s listened, shared, rated or reviewed the show since we launched in April. Without your help and input, the podcast wouldn’t be anywhere near as much fun to make. So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
We’re rounding out the year with a final hostful, where Ben and I chat about the year that’s been, some of our highlights, some very exciting future plans, and we answer three most excellent listener questions. We also were interrupted approximately eleventy billion times while recording, so if we seem a little crazy – that’s at least part of the reason. The other part is that we’re like that all the time.
The questions we tackle this week are related to:
- finding a balance between community service and living a slower life
- how to avoid the ‘all or nothing’ tendency once we start to explore slow living
- how to balance extra-curricular activities with a slower family life
As always, we discover there are rarely straightforward answers to any of these questions, which is what makes it so juicy and interesting to talk about. And also as always, feel free to share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below, as well as suggestions or requests for shows next year.
Finally, thank you so very much for being part of this show and this community in 2015. I pinch myself frequently when I see what a supportive, smart, like-minded group we’re part of and I just want you to know how much I appreciate you being here.
I hope your year-end celebrations are wonderful and that you embrace the opportunity for some downtime.
I’ve got a couple of bonus blog posts coming out later in the month and early next year, but for the most part I’ll be totally offline from Christmas Eve until mid-January and I CAN’T WAIT.
Much love to you and yours. xx
——Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode. Alternatively, you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- Carl Honore on technology, good slow and getting to know your neighbour – Episode 9
- Frantic Family Rescue on ABC
- Kelly Exeter on white space and deliberate inefficiencies – Episode 21
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: