We’re a week in to our first Slow Home Experiment now and (thankfully!) over the worst of the sugar hangover we were experiencing last week. But how are we feeling? What are we missing? What are we enjoying? What’s surprised us so far?
In this fairly relaxed episode (we were quite literally laying down) Ben and I chat about our recent bout of illness and whether we think it was related to giving up sugar, our thoughts after watching That Sugar Film and The Great Vodka Debate of 2016.
We both feel like we’ve broken the back of this challenge after the first week, and things are definitely starting to feel easier. I’m certainly eating in a much more mindful way and am far more aware of my tendency to procrasti-snack (it’s a real thing).
I’d highly recommend you watch That Sugar Film if you haven’t already, and if you’re struggling to stick to the experiment or a similar lifestyle shift, I’d also recommend you check out my interview with Gretchen Rubin from last week. She goes deep into our tendencies and why some people find it easier to stick to new habits, and how to embrace your personality traits and use them to stick to your positive life changes.Enjoy!
——Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode. Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
- That Sugar Film
- Episode 44 with Gretchen Rubin
- Sugar-free Sriracha sauce recipe – A MILLION THANKS, JULIE!
- #slowhomeexperiment Use this hashtag on Twitter or Instagram and share your experience with the experiment
Support the Show:If you love the show and would like to show your support by becoming a patron, head over here to make a small monthly donation (as little as $1 a month) and know that any amount makes a huge difference to us being able to cover costs. If you love the show and want to support it by continuing to subscribe, listen, share with friends/family or leave a review on iTunes, that’s awesome too! Most important of all, thanks for being here!
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: