(This is totally not my photo – it’s from Unsplash – but man, I’d love to see one of these beauties on this trip. From a safe distance, of course.)
Hello, from the lovely town of Canmore in Canada! (Actually, we recorded this the day before we flew out, but time travel is such a trip isn’t it?)
In today’s episode Ben and I answer some super tricky listener questions about the deeper issues of choosing to live a slower, more intentional life and, to be honest, we got a little stumped in answering them!
They include questions about:
- Planning for the future vs living in the moment
- How to minimise time spent talking on the phone, as it impedes our attempts to live a simpler, more present life
- How simplifying life has impacted our relationships
- How to balance work, family and down-time, particularly with a new job
- What can we do to reconcile our work lives with our values, or how to overcome the discrepancy from one to the other.
These are some serious questions and we loved the opportunity to dig in to them, but as always would love to know what you think. Feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts about some of these issues.
As we mentioned in last week’s show, we’re in Canada for the next month, taking a working holiday. We won’t be spending as much time online, and as a result will be slower to respond to emails and social media comments.
We will be posting about our newest Slow Home Experiment though, including some sneak peeks into our family journal, as well as some epic Canadian landscape. So be sure to follow along on Instagram
In the meantime though, enjoy the pogpast!
Head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and play the episode.
Or you can listen to the show directly, simply by hitting the Play button above. Enjoy!
Things to Check Out After Today’s Episode:
Love Slow? Support the show!
- Join the Slow Experiment Club over on Patreon. We’re launching a new Slow Experiment soon (focused on social media use) and you can join in the fun for as little as $1 a month
- Follow us on Instagram @slowhomepod
- Sign up for our slow-living love letters
- Leave a rating or review in iTunes
- Keep listening: